Double Chocolate Bundt Cake
Double Chocolate Bundt Cake with Chocolate Ganache Glaze. This is how I make up for lost time. I’ve neglected my blog for quite a while. It has been a month since I last came here and shared a recipe (and some amazing news), but it really feels like yesterday. Time flies.
Actually, I haven’t been baking for a month and I am too ashamed to tell you how I’ve been feeding myself recently. Thankfully the vegan queen of Montezuma came to my rescue with her nutritious morning shakes and vegan dinners. I feel energized already. We cooked lots of vegan dishes with her. I’ll be sharing those recipes soon, so stay tuned. Until then, I hope you enjoy this delicious double chocolate bundt cake.
Even though it’s prepared with lots of butter, this chocolate cake turned out to be very light. The sticky chocolate ganache glaze is a nice contrast with the delicate texture of the cake.
In the history of Cafe Fernando, I have never seen a baked good finished this fast by my friends. One minute I turn to take a snap of Ralph and the whole thing was gone. Poor Ralph… Not even a crumb left behind..
CHOCOLATE BUNDT CAKE RECIPE
- 2+1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 7 ounces Toblerone milk chocolate (or bittersweet), chopped
- 8 ounces butter, plus more for pan
- 1 + 1/4 cups sugar
- 4 eggs + 1 egg white
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 325F (170C).
- Butter a 14-cup Bundt cake pan and set aside.
- Sift flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt into a large mixing bowl. Whisk and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, bring cream to a boil. Place chopped chocolate in a small bowl and pour hot cream, through a sieve, over the chopped chocolate. Stir until smooth and creamy in texture.
- Add buttermilk and place in the refrigerator until cool (room temperature is enough).
- Cream butter and sugar with a mixer until fluffy.
- Add the eggs (and the egg white) and beat until combined.
- Stir in vanilla extract.
- On low speed, add the flour mixture in three equal amounts alternating with the chocolate batter, ending with flour.
- Pour the batter into the Bundt pan and bake for 55-60 minutes (or until a wooden toothpick insterted in center comes out clean). If the toothpick is wet, bake 5 more minutes and check again.
- Let cool in pan, invert onto a serving plate and start preparing the chocolate ganache glaze.
CHOCOLATE GANACHE GLAZE RECIPE
- 4.5 ounces bittersweet chocolate (%70), chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp light corn syrup (optional)
- In a small saucepan, bring cream to a boil.
- Place chopped chocolate, butter and corn syrup in a small bowl and pour hot cream, through a sieve, over the chopped chocolate.
- Stir until smooth and creamy in texture.
- Let stand, stirring occasionally until slightly thickened.
- Pour over the cooled cake, slice and serve.