Cafe Fernando Chocolate Chip Cookies
Cafe Fernando received its first mention in the press last Friday. It is a short interview that appeared in Hürriyet (one of the highest circulated national newspapers in Turkey). After the interview, I received tons of emails and comments to my blog. Thanks to Hürriyet, I’ve gained lots of new readers…
So, how does a food blogger say “Thank you”?
By sending a huge box of freshly baked Chocolate Chip Cookies, of course! But not just any chocolate chip cookie. These have M&M’s on top that read Cafe Fernando!
Thanks again guys, and Bon Appetit!
Cafe Fernando Chocolate Chip M&M Cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 8 oz. (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 10 oz bittersweet chocolate, chopped into chunks
- 4 oz M&M chocolate
- Preheat your oven to 350F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Mix flour, salt and baking soda in a medium bowl and set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter on medium-low speed until smooth, about 30 seconds. Add the brown and granulated sugars, increase the speed to medium and beat until slightly fluffy, about 1 minute, stopping the mixer occasionally to scrape down the sides of the bowl. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition, then beat in the vanilla, stopping the mixer occasionally to scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Reduce the speed to low, gradually add the flour mixture and beat until just combined. Using a rubber spatula, fold in the chocolate chips.
- Drop the dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto the prepared pan, spacing the cookies about 2 inches apart. Bake until golden brown, 10-11 minutes. Transfer the pan to a wire rack, press 6-8 M&M chocolate chips onto the cookies and let the cookies cool on the pan. After 5 minutes, transfer them to the rack and let cool completely. Repeat with the remaining dough. Makes 24 cookies.