French Toast with Sour Cherries
April 03rd, 2007 | Category: Breakfast and Brunch, Fruit
Is it only me or are there others out there who wake up craving something specific? It happened to me before – again on a Sunday.
I woke up this morning craving French Toast. It is pretty unusual for me as I stick to coffee and cereal in the morning.
What is happening to me? Is this for the love of blogging or just a phase?
Here’s a very quick recipe for my favorite French toast:
FRENCH TOAST RECIPE
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons whole milk
- Pinch of salt
- 2 thick slices of day-old or stale bread or brioche
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup of fresh sour cherries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together the egg, milk and pinch of salt until well blended.
- Dip bread into the mixture, allowing to soak for a minute on each side.
- Over medium-low heat, melt butter in a nonstick saute pan. Place soaked bread slices into the pan and cook until golden brown, approximately 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- In the meantime, place sour cherries and sugar in a small pot and stir to mix. Place over medium high heat and cook until the juices are slightly thickened, 5-10 minutes.
- Transfer the French toasts to warmed plates, spoon the sour cherries on top and serve hot.
Subscribe via RSS Follow