Yet another ice cream post… I told you; I am mad about ice cream. No news from KitchenAid customer care, but David was kind enough to let me know that actually because of EU regulations, KitchenAid mixers in Europe are modified and it may take some time for them to come up with a European version of the attachment.
By the way, check out David’s post on his trip to the KitchenAid factory here.
STRAWBERRY ICE CREAM RECIPE
Recipe adapted from Joy of Baking
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 5 large egg yolks
- 2/3 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/2 vanilla bean
- Strawberry puree (recipe below)
- 10 ounces of frozen unsweetened strawberries, thawed and chopped
- Fill a large bowl with cold water and ice and set aside. In a small saucepan, over medium-high heat, bring the milk, heavy cream and the vanilla bean to the scalding point (the milk begins to foam up). Remove from heat, take out the vanilla bean and scrape the seeds from the bean with the back of a knife, and mix the seeds back into the milk cream mixture.
- In a stainless steel bowl (I used my kitchen aid bowl), whisk 5 egg yolks and sugar until pale and fluffy. Gradually pour the scalding mixture into the whipped egg yolk mixture, making sure you keep whisking constantly so the eggs don’t curdle. If any lumps do form, strain the mixture first before heating.. Place the bowl over a saucepan of simmering water and stir until the custard is thickened (will coat the back of the spoon and an instant thermometer will read 170F/77C).
- Immediately transfer the bowl into the water bath (bowl with cold water and ice) to stop the cooking process, add the strawberry puree through a fine sieve and stir until the custard cools. Transfer it into the refrigerator and chill for 3 hours minimum (preferably overnight).
- Transfer the cold custard to the container of your ice cream machine and process according to the manufacturer’s instructions. During the last 2-3 minutes of the process add the chopped strawberries. Transfer the ice cream to a shallow plastic container and freeze for 5 hours minimum. Before serving take out the container from the freezer and let rest in the refrigerator for an hour as it will be too hard.
STRAWBERRY PUREE RECIPE
- 20 ounces of frozen unsweetened strawberries, thawed
- 1/3 cup granulated white sugar
- Juice of half a lemon
- Place the frozen strawberries in a large bowl and thaw. This may take a few hours.
- Once thawed, put the strawberries and sugar in the bowl of a food processor or blender and process until they are pureed.
- Taste and add more sugar if needed. Also add the lemon juice.
- This can be stored covered in the refrigerator for one week to 10 days. The puree can also be frozen.
Since I’m crazy about ice cream too, I totally support your addiction! ;D
yine müthiş bir görüntü.
Looks very good, think about what you will make for New Year
That looks good. I could use a bowl of that right about now 🙂
wishing you a happy new year.
all the best.