Is it only me or are there others out there who wake up craving something specific? It happened to me before – again on a Sunday.
I woke up this morning craving French Toast. It is pretty unusual for me as I stick to coffee and cereal in the morning.
What is happening to me? Is this for the love of blogging or just a phase?
Here’s a very quick recipe for my favorite French toast:
FRENCH TOAST RECIPE
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons whole milk
- Pinch of salt
- 2 thick slices of day-old or stale bread or brioche
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup of fresh sour cherries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together the egg, milk and pinch of salt until well blended.
- Dip bread into the mixture, allowing to soak for a minute on each side.
- Over medium-low heat, melt butter in a nonstick saute pan. Place soaked bread slices into the pan and cook until golden brown, approximately 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- In the meantime, place sour cherries and sugar in a small pot and stir to mix. Place over medium high heat and cook until the juices are slightly thickened, 5-10 minutes.
- Transfer the French toasts to warmed plates, spoon the sour cherries on top and serve hot.
Cenk, that happens to me all the time!! I crave for weird things at unusual times, like craving for popcorns at breakfast or begging for juicy, tasty British strawberries in the middle of winter 🙂 So compared to mine, your cravings are really innocent and achievable:)
Cenk, you are not alone. One morning I woke up with an intense craving for Spaghetti Carbonara and had to make it for my breakfast. I though “well I’ll consider this bacon and eggs”. I am known to eat non-breakfast food frequently for breakfast though.
Cenk, I’ve never had french toast (not common around here).
Your photos are tempting!
it looks so yummy:)
I’ve never eaten at breakfast ecxept weekends..
I liked your recipes and photos by the way.. So, its a new blog for me to follow:))