Look at that! Very exciting. There’s quite a significant rise today.
The sourdough starter rose by approximately an inch and a half.
If I get a similar result tomorrow, I’ll bake my first sourdough bread.
HOW TO MAKE A SOURDOUGH STARTER
SOURDOUGH STARTER RECIPE – DAY 8
Recipe adapted from “Tartine Bread” by Chad Robertson
- 150 grams (approximately 1 cup + 1 tablespoon) bread and whole wheat flour (%50-%50) blend
- 125 grams (1/2 cup + 1 teaspoon) lukewarm water
- Remove crust and discard 80% of the sourdough starter.
- Add flour and water and mix until no lumps remain.
- Wipe the rim clean, cover with a clean cloth and place in a cool spot in your kitchen.