Sourdough Starter – Day 7
January 29th, 2012 | Category: Bread
Yet another uneventful day. The sourdough starter looks pretty much the same as yesterday.
The starter has to ferment predictably (rising and falling after each feeding) before preparing the leaven.
Needless to say, this much of rise is not enough.
I discard 80% of it, add flour & water, wipe the rim clean and put the cloth back on.
HOW TO MAKE A SOURDOUGH STARTER
SOURDOUGH STARTER RECIPE – DAY 7
Recipe adapted from “Tartine Bread” by Chad Robertson
- 150 grams (approximately 1 cup + 1 tablespoon) bread and whole wheat flour (%50-%50) blend
- 125 grams (1/2 cup + 1 teaspoon) lukewarm water
- Remove crust and discard 80% of the sourdough starter.
- Add flour and water and mix until no lumps remain.
- Wipe the rim clean, cover with a clean cloth and place in a cool spot in your kitchen.