October 14th, 2010 | Category: Fruit
It’s that time of the year again: Pomegranates everywhere.
Well, at least in Istanbul. I consider myself very lucky as Turkey is one of the native lands of the pomegranate. And you’re lucky, too. Because if you’re looking for ideas on what to do with pomegranates, you’ve come to the right place.
Here are a few pomegranate recipes from Cafe Fernando archives as well as some of my favorite food blogs.
Let’s start with my favorite pomegranate recipe: Pomegranate Jam!
The most delicious jam I have ever tasted. Seriously. Perfect on toast after a thick coating of salted butter.
Pomegranate Frozen Yogurt – the pinkest scoop you’ll ever see. The secret ingredient is Grenadine (pomegranate syrup) and you can prepare that in your own kitchen, too (recipe link below).
Here are some more pomegranate recipes from my favorite food blogs:
- Pomegranate Hibiscus Tea and Honey Ginger Yogurt Terrines from Tartelette
- Pomegranate Molasses, Persimmon Pomegranate Fruit Salad and How to Cut and De-seed a Pomegranate (with step-by-step photos) from Simply Recipes
- Pomegranate and Pistachio Yogurt from Delicious Days
- Spiced Pomegranate Meringues and Pomegranate Yogurt Pops from The Kitchn
- How to make Grenadine (pomegranate syrup) from Cupcake Project
- Pomegranate Martini Cake from Almost Bourdain
- Bulgur, Celery and Pomegranate Salad from 101 Cookbooks
- Pomegranate Barbecue Sauce from Cooking with Amy
- Pomegranate Chocolate Cake from Use Real Butter
- Pomegranate Hibiscus Strawberry Popsicles from Desserts for Breakfast
- Turkish Bulgur, Pomegranate and Almond Salad from Taste Space
- Mixed Greens with Pomegranate Lemon Dressing from Baked Bree
- Braised Lamb with Pomegranates from AZ Cookbook
- Berry Pomegranate Smoothie from Craftzine
- Pomegranate Granita with Lychee & Gin from Fig & Cherry
Subscribe via RSS Follow